Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Great Fundraiser



As always, Relay for Life was an awesome and heartwarming event! Sissy and I are very tired. The hope chest that her daddy built was won by a friend of mine from work, someone who is very special to both Sissy and me. See how GREAT GOD is??? We love and thank HIM for everything. Gotta get some rest now... below is a simple poem about some of the things that remind me of Katie...

~~~

i miss you

and I know that I have to make this walk
without you now
even though I do not want life to go on
I feel you everywhere I go
and I cry at the oddest things
like a cucumber cut in long skinny slices
or a picture of Alan Jackson
a pair of black “Buckle” shoes
or Tweety Bird panties
like a 100 wrote with smiley faces
a pink or purple magic marker
like a sliding board on a playground
or a “midget” bottle of Mt. Dew
like a strand of IV tubing
or a Rugrats cartoon
like a sunset
or a moon
oh God how I miss you girl
oh God how I miss you
please someone help me
understand
I know that I have to make this journey
without my little girl
but I don’t want to

for katie by mom
~~~

No comments: