Friday, April 17, 2009

Are There Birthday Parties in Heaven?


Baby Katie

Today is Katie's birthday - it is hard to believe that she would be 18 years old today!

I have often wondered about what heaven is like for Katie... is she still 7? Will she recognize us when we get there? Does she remember us right now as she sings with the angels? I know that my questions will be answered one day.

About a month before Katie was born, I wrote this song for her; it is to the tune of "What Child is This (Greensleeves)." I did not realize how prophetic some of the words would be.

Happy Birthday to my angel daughter.

*******

Katie's Song

Oh Katie dearest love of mine
As you lie gently sleeping
Ten thousand angels watch over you
A close watch on you they are keeping
Precious baby just close your eyes
Give in to dreams of such sweet surprise
Little one that the Lord gave to
A mom and daddy that love you

Oh Katie dearest of my heart
As you sit quietly playing
Your angel friends take care of you
And each one of them is praying
As you play with all your games
And books and dolls and toys
You will smile and remember them
And your heart be filled with joy

Oh Katie dearest little one
As I hold you in my arms today
I know you’re sent from heaven above
Oh what a beautiful babe
You are only ours to treasure
For a borrowed time I know
And we vow to take care of you
‘Til it’s time to let you go

for katie by mom 1991
~~~

No comments: