Tuesday, June 22, 2010

12 Years Ago...



Tomorrow will mark the 12th anniversary of when Katie went to heaven...
This song explains what she means to me... then, now, and always.

Always an Angel

If you saw me smiling
Your eyes would twinkle and you would laugh
If you saw me crying
You’d say “Mommy don’t be so sad”
If you saw me living
You’d be proud and you’d understand
If you saw me dying
You’d reach down and take my hand

You were always an angel
Now you’re with the Lord
Wish that you could come and get me
And take me home
My precious little girl
Oh I miss you still
Always my angel

When I saw you laughing
I knew you were a happy girl
When I saw you crying
It broke my heart to see you hurt
When I saw you living
Thought you’d always be there for me
When I saw you dying
I knew the cancer had set you free

Always an angel
And I’ll thank the Lord
For the seven years I had you
Until I go home
And see my sweet girl
Oh I miss you still
Always my angel

for katie by mom 2001

~~~

No comments: