Friday, June 25, 2010

Loves Like a Hurricane



Twelve years ago tomorrow, we buried our angel Katie. It was a hot Friday summer day. After it was over, Katie's daddy, sissy, and I "escaped" to the beach for a few days. We could not face being home.

Now the anniversary looms again, but what are dates on the calendar, really? Time is going to pass ... and yet I am still going to long for my little girl...

Very often I will turn to music for solace. There is a contemporary Christian song that I have been listening to and it has been giving me comfort these past few weeks. It's called "How He Loves," written by John Mark McMillan. It's been redone several times by other artists but his version is my favorite (because it contains the 3rd verse about his late friend Stephen.)

This is my favorite lyric:

"When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me."

The peace flows through me...

~~~

No comments: